Incogniton is a privacy-focused browser for managing multiple profiles and accounts while protecting your identity and data.
One of its most useful features is the ability to integrate proxies, which adds an extra layer of anonymity.
In this comprehensive guide, we'll look at setting up top proxy providers like BrightData, Soax, Smartproxy and Proxy Seller within Incogniton on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
An Introduction to Incogniton
Incogniton is an anti-detection browser that allows you to:
- Run multiple isolated browser profiles/accounts in parallel
- Rotate profiles frequently to avoid patterns
- Modify browser fingerprints to evade tracking
- Integrate proxies for enhanced privacy
It's commonly used for:
- Web scraping and automation
- Managing social media accounts
- Online shopping bots and tools
- Protecting sensitive browsing activity
Key features include:
- Multiple user profile support
- Fingerprint randomization
- Proxy integration
- Cross-platform (Windows, Mac)
- Headless browser modes
- Scripting via Selenium
Now let's see how to configure proxies from leading vendors within Incogniton for maximum anonymity.
Overview of Proxy Providers
Here's a quick rundown of the proxy services we'll be covering:
- 72M+ residential IPs worldwide
- Unlimited bandwidth
- High success rates for scraping
- Pay-as-you-go pricing
- 5M+ residential IPs
- Affordable monthly plans
- Rotating proxy types
- Reliable uptime
- Backconnect rotating proxies
- Affordable plans
- Optimized for sneaker bots
- Growing proxy pool
- Specializes in sneaker/sports bots
- Mobile and ISP proxies
- Very affordable plans
- 220 country locations
Now let's look at how to set up each provider within Incogniton on Windows and MacOS.
Before integrating proxies, you need to complete two steps:
1. Download and install Incognito
2. Sign up for proxy services
This guide will cover setup using four popular proxy providers:
- Proxy Seller
You'll need an account and residential proxies from one or more providers.
With those prerequisites met, we can now dive into configuring proxies.
Configuring Proxies on Incognito for MacOS
We'll first cover proxy setup on MacOS:
Step 1 – Create a New Profile
Open Incognito and click “New Profile” under Profile Management. Name your profile and click “Create”.
Step 2 – Open Proxy Settings
In the left sidebar, click “Proxy” to open proxy settings.
Step 3 – Specify Proxy Server
Under “Proxy” select the protocol:
Then enter your proxy server credentials in this format:
For example, with BrightData:
Step 4 – Add Authentication
If your proxy provider requires authentication, enter your username and password under “Proxy username” and “Proxy password”.
Step 5 – Enable Rotating Proxies
For optimal anonymity, check the “Rotating proxy” box to rotate IP addresses with each new Incognito session.
Step 6 – Test Connectivity
Click “Check proxy” to confirm your setup is working correctly before proceeding.
Step 7 – Complete Profile Creation
Fill in other settings like time zone and click “Create Profile” to finish.
Repeat these steps to integrate additional proxies from multiple providers.
Configuring Proxies on Incognito for Windows
The proxy setup process is very similar on Windows:
Step 1 – Create a New Profile
Launch Incognito and click “Add new profile”. Name it and hit “Add”.
Step 2 – Access Proxy Settings
Select “Proxy” from the left sidebar.
Step 3 – Enter Proxy Details
Choose your desired protocol:
In “Proxy Server” enter your credentials like:
For example, with Soax:
Step 4 – Set Authentication
If authentication is required, fill in your username and password for the proxy service.
Step 5 – Check Rotating Proxies
Enable “Rotate proxies automatically” for maximum anonymity.
Step 6 – Test Connectivity
Click “Check proxy” and confirm you can connect through the proxy before proceeding.
Step 7 – Complete Profile Setup
Fill in your preferences for the profile like time zone and click “Add” when ready.
Beyond basic setup, proxies provide several advanced capabilities to enhance your use of Incognito:
Configure proxies to rotate automatically every 5 minutes for example. This prevents the same IP being blocked.
Chain together multiple proxies from different providers in sequence. This further obscures your digital footprint.
Persist using the same residential IP through Incognito restarts for continuity.
Route through a desired country for geo-targeting to access region-restricted content.
Refer to your providers' documentation for details on enabling these advanced features.
Troubleshooting Common Proxy Issues
Here are some tips for debugging common proxy problems:
- Connectivity errors – Verify server IP:port and credentials entered correctly. Try a different proxy server.
- Proxy detection – Rotate IP frequently and use providers like Soax with undetectable residential IPs.
- Captchas – Solve them manually or use a service. Reduce usage frequency.
- Blocks – Rotate proxies and avoid bans by using moderation.
- Network errors – Confirm firewall/antivirus not blocking traffic.
- Data center IPs – Check ranges to identify residential vs datacenter backends.
Reach out to your proxy provider's support if issues persist for further troubleshooting.
Proxy Best Practices
Follow these best practices when using proxies via Incognito:
- Test with moderation first before scaling to prevent widespread blocks.
- Ensure you comply with your providers' Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) terms.
- Rotate IPs frequently to distribute activity across a pool of proxies.
- Always use proxies in combination with Incognito for an added layer of anonymity.
Proxies aren't your only option for anonymity with Incognito. Here are alternatives:
VPN – Encrypts all your traffic and replaces IP but limited location selection.
Tor – Runs traffic through multiple encrypted Tor nodes globally. Slower.
Dedicated IPs – Static non-residential IPs flagged more easily. No location spoofing.
Proxies offer the best blend of features for Incognito integration in most cases.
FAQs about Proxies
Here are answers to frequently asked questions about proxies:
Q: Should I use datacenter or residential proxies?
A: Residential proxies are harder to detect and ideal for mimicking real users. But datacenter proxies are faster and cheaper.
Q: What is better – pay as you go or unlimited plans?
A: Pay as you go is flexible for fluctuating needs. Unlimited is cost effective for heavy constant usage.
Q: How do I choose the best proxy provider?
A: Consider aspects like cost, speed, location targeting, IP pools, features and reliability reviews.
Incognito coupled with proxy services provides immense privacy, security and geo-targeting benefits. This comprehensive guide covered:
- Detailed instructions for setting up major proxy providers with Incognito on both MacOS and Windows
- Advanced proxy configurations like rotation, chaining, sticky sessions
- Troubleshooting guidance for common proxy errors and issues
- Best practices for using proxies safely and effectively
With Incognito and proxies combined, you can access the open internet anonymously and evade digital tracking and geographic restrictions.